So why play Hockey?
Hockey is played by over 200,000 people across Australia with over 14,000 registered players in Queensland alone. These players belong to hockey associations and hockey clubs based across the state.
It is a great way for kids to keep fit, make new friends and have fun. And who knows, one day they might even play at the Olympics!
- SO much more than just the game of hockey...
- The fundamental motor skills for future physical activity
- The basics of getting and staying fit
- The basic principles of health and nutrition
- The acts of general discipline and commitment through a team environment
- To respect older children and adults who provide valuable role model experiences
- Important social skills, including cooperation and respect for other kids and adults
- Physical activity develops motor and social skills and intellectual capacities.
- All of this in a safe and friendly environment
If you have any other questions, please contact Hockey Queensland on 3399 6577 or email: